Trendless, timeless, and well traveled style are synonymous with Carolyn’s work over the past 3 decades.
With roots in the heart land of America, she travels the globe discovering and developing unique resources and raw materials all refined into the Kinder look, to reach the consumer who wants a higher standard of living.
The bottom line, her designs sell…
A consummate visionary, Carolyn’s career started as an artist and blossomed into one of today’s entrepreneurial success stories.
- The Art Place, a supplier of fine custom framing was opened in 1970 in Stuttgart, Arkansas, to provide frames developed by Carolyn in Italy to the growing number of artists in the area, a result of Carolyn’s painting classes.
- The Kinder-Harris Company was founded in Stuttgart, in 1974 and was quickly recognized nationally by the home furnishings industry as a leader in innovative design for framed art, accessories, lamps and lighting as well as stimulating the consumer on the power of accessories.
- Kinder-Harris caught the eyes of the JC Penny Company, which eventually acquired Kinder-Harris in 1987, as part of their growing focus on consumer awareness.
- Carolyn Kinder Inc., a new design firm was founded in 1992 that began licensing designs for category leaders in the industry. Present and past clients include: IMAX, Uttermost, Austin, Seagull, Thomas Lighting, Stanley Mirror, Home Depot, Sears’ The Great Indoors, JCPenney, Magnusen Home, Casa Bique, Lazzaris, Crescent, Neilson Bainbridge, Larson Juhl and Kinder-Harris.
- Carolyn Kinder International was founded in 2002. With headquarters in China, this multi-dimensional company focuses on sourcing, design development, multi-product licensing partnerships, and direct importing for the home furnishings industry.
Awards, Accomplishments, and Quotes
- Recipient of the ART “Lifetime Achievement Award” for outstanding work in the field of customer awareness.
- WITHIT’s WOW Award Nomination for Outstanding Woman in the home furnishings industry.
- WITHIT’s Legacy Award Nomination for 2006.
- Former Chairman of ART Committee for Customer Awareness, member of the Dallas Trend Panel, and member of the accessory advisory board for the International Home Furnishings Center in High Point, North Carolina.
- Recognized as award winning artist, Carolyn Kinder paintings and artwork adorn the walls of Governor Mansions, Battleships and private collections including those of Winthrop Rockefeller.
- “Carolyn’s vision is without a doubt the best in the business…she knows what will be hot before the rest of the industry has a clue.”
- Joe Phillips, Kinder-Harris
- “Carolyn always delivers designs of the latest fashion and has established a level of integrity for which others strive…”
- Ron Salzetti, V.P., JC Penney Company
- “The brilliance of Carolyn is not only in her designs…”
Andy Cymrot, President, Austin
- “We’ve been working with Carolyn and her team for almost six years, and she still shocks us with her creative genius on every product introduction…she stays a step or two ahead on design.”
-Mac Cooper, President, The Uttermost Company